Are you afraid of your baby getting overheated? Did you know a hydrophilic sleeping bag has a high permeability allowing your baby to get warm less quickly? Due to the soft and absorbent material, a hydrophilic sleeping bag is also perfectly suitable to wear with a diaper only when it’s hot during summer. Did you already know that a hydrophilic sleeping bag is made of knitted cotton? Cotton might makes you think of winter, but knitted materials are very cool, breathable and soft in summer.
1. The body temperature of your baby is regulated via the head. So, you can use a breathable light summer sleeping bag to avoid the chance of getting overheated.
2. It is likely that adults sleep under a thin sheet when it is warm. If you use a thin sheet for your baby, it can be dangerous. That is why a hydrophilic sleeping bag has a perfect fit. This sleeping bag is designed with a perfect fit around the arms and neck of your baby, to give your baby the best comfort.
3. Hydrophilic sleeping bags of Lodger have a TOG value of 0.5. This means that it is the thinnest and lightest sleeping bag. Do you want more information about TOG values? Read our blog about TOG values.
4. Our sleeping bags are made from knitted cotton. Due to the open structure of the knitted cotton, the sleeping bad is breathable, absorbent and really soft.
5. Knitted hydrophilic sleeping bags are super soft and absorbent. In comparing to woven sleeping bags, you do not need to wash the sleep sacks that much to get the softness.
6. You only want to use the softest materials for your baby, due to the really sensitive skin of the baby. Knitted sleeping bags are extremely soft for your baby. You can use these sleeping bags also for newborns. Choose a sleeveless sleeping bag or one with long sleeves, specially designed for newborns.
7. Hydrophilic means ‘water friend’ in Greek. Hydrophilic material absorbs water very well and therefore our sleeping bags are super absorbent and dries very quickly as well. Handy!
8. A hydrophilic sleeping bag does not weigh much, the weight is 200 gram. So, this lightweight sleeping bag is perfect to bring in your suitcase!
9. A Lodger summer sleeping bag is not only usable in summer, but also in fall or spring. Depending on the season, you can combine the sleeping bag with a bodysuit with long or short sleeves. Of course, when it is colder you can use a warm blanket or pyjamas.
Mom & Online Marketeer at Lodger. Loves to share baby tips, tricks and information with other parents :)